Just like my //Build 2014 Ultimate Recap - with Links!, I'll be doing the same for TechEd. I'll keep updating this content with new announcements until the end of TechEd. Keep in mind that my outline is developer focused, so I won't go as deep on the IT Pro topics.
- Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 virtual machines now available for MSDN subscribers in the gallery.
- Public preview of Azure Files. This allows you to use a storage account as an SMB share (standard Windows file share).
- Partnerships with Trend Micro and Symantec to provide Antimalware solutions.
- Internal load balancing of virtual machines with private addresses
- Multiple site-to-site virtual network connections
- Cross-datacenter virtual network connectivity
- IP reservation of VIPs. Reserve a public IP address and assign them to cloud services as needed (think Elastic IPs but better).
- Instance-level IPs. Assign a public IP address to any VM without having to go through the cloud-service endpoint.
- Azure RemoteApp
- Public preview of API management.
- Public preview of Redis cache
- Shared caching service will be retired in September. Customers should use the managed cache option or Redis.
- Public preview of BizTalk Hybrid Connections. Communicate to TCP or HTTP resources from Azure Web Sites.
- Capture images with OS and data drives attached. Works on running or stopped virtual machines.
- Store support for EA (enterprise agreement) customers.
- Windows 8 Store Update
Services that are now GA (general availability)
- Larger VM's for virtual machines. A8 machines give you 8 cores, 56GB of RAM, and A9 give you 16 cores and 112GB of RAM. These also provide an Infiniband network.
- Azure import/export
- Azure Cache Service
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RTM
- ASP.NET vNext
- Cloud and server optimized
- No-compile developer experience
- Side-by-side runtime and application
- The runtime is NuGet-able
- The source is on Github
Like this post? Please share it!